Sleigh & Son (Denton)

Senior Client Services

Loving Senior Couple Enjoying the Outdoors Together.

I’m concerned about losing my assets if I have to go into a home, is there any way I can preserve them?
Future planning is the key. We can discuss with you the options which are available to you from severing a joint tenancy to preserve a half share for your spouse and discuss other options available.

I’m concerned about having to go into a residential home. How can you help?
We are aware that sometimes people are unable to manage on their own and that the best option available to them is to go into a residential home. We recognise that this is a stressful time and we can offer advice about the alternatives available, help you to dispose of your home and contents and guide you through the problems.

Will I qualify for benefits?
Each case is individual but we can help you to apply for pension credit, attendance allowance etc as many people find the applications daunting.

What if I want to stay in my home?
We can help put in place a package of services to enable you to stay in your own home such as cleaning services, garden maintenance and private care providers.

What if I can’t visit your office?
Don’t worry, we are always happy to do home visits. If you have concerns which aren’t covered here then let us know and we will try to help.

Equity Release

What is Equity Release?
It is a way for you to release money from your home by way of a mortgage. Various schemes are in place, some reputable, some not.
Advice is important before you agree to such a scheme as you can under some schemes end up losing a large percentage of your home. Many people are putting these in place to release money to help their children buy their own homes.

It is very important to take legal and financial advice before you get involved with these schemes.