Sleigh & Son (Denton)

Public Guardianship

public guardianship at Sleigh and Son smallerWhat is Public Guardianship?
If a person does not have the capacity to put in place a power of attorney, there is an application to the Office of the Public Guardian ( OPG ) to appoint a deputy (formerly called a receiver). This person handles the affairs of the vulnerable person.

What can they do?
They can act on behalf of the patient, handling money and making decisions about their welfare. They are required to submit accounts yearly and are supervised closely by the OPG. We are able to act as professional deputies in such cases.